Monday 26 January 2015

You've got some nerve.

Oh hi.

Me again.

In the words of Grits;
'My life be like oooooh-aaaaah'.

Or Mr Keating himself;
'Life is a rollercoaster, just gotta ride it'.

I've had ups, and I've had downs.

I've got a fun, well-paid job, an ah-maze-ing boyfriend and no more excruciating pain when I eat the tiniest of things. So, you know, pretty darn good. S'abouttimeright.

But after all this time, I hear you ask, why are you blogging again? Life sounds good? What brings you to the 'Tough Luck, Thomo' blog once again?

Well well well, reader. Let me invite you to enjoy my toothy trauma, my dental disaster, my bad luck banter.

Take a seat, get comfortable.

You good? Great. Let us begin.

The tale begins on a dark and rainy Friday evening. Sharp pains shoot up the side of my face. Ouch I think. It carries on. Ouch I say. It continues. Pain killers consumed. The night draws in. Sleep proves difficult, but I make it through. (I'm a trooper, what can I say).

The weekend comes and goes, Sunday night is here. The pain killers are now ineffective and the pain is worse. Oh gosh. 'Call the dentist tomorrow and make an emergency appointment'. Yeah, OK. I think I might.

Monday: 'Can have an emergency appointment?'. 'Yes, in a weeks time'.'Okay, I guess I can wait till then...'
Thank god you aren't part of the fire service, that's all I'll say.

Tuesday: DEAR GOD THE PAIN. Wait, is my face... Yes, yes it is indeed swollen an twice the size. Oh cool, it's down my neck too. Love it. L o v e  it.
I call 111, the emergency dentist number (that exists, who knew! So silver lining, this experience was at least educational). I make an emergency appointment, get X-rays and antibiotics and go on my weary pain-consumed way.

Next Monday: Actual appointment, more antibiotics and told to come back on Wednesday for root canal. My nerve is slowly dying. And why go quietly? You have your moment, nerve. Go out like one of those Samurai warriors in their final moments.
(May I mention here that getting to the dentist should have involved one 25 minute bus and a 10 minute walk. It actually involved one bus driving straight passed me, the next terminating early, three more turning up and terminating early, and then a 15 minute run).

Wednesday: Half a root canal later, I need to make another appointment because my face bled too much to continue. I'll need one for an hour, not just 20 minutes like this one. Ever heard of too much of a good thing? No, guess not. So she fills it with antibiotics (I just can't get enough), seals it with a temporary filling and sends me on my way.

Saturday: On the train home, minding my business. Crack. Saywhaaaaa. Oh cool. Half my tooth. Would you look at that. Brill. Great. Super. Only two weeks until my next appointment. That's nothing...


Karma, what the hell. I walked a blind man to the bank last week. I must have been truly evil in a previous life. #KickAKittenOrTwo

1 comment:

  1. So....it has been a good clear run of 2 months since the run of trauma, disaster and armageddon? Things seem...calmer, more chilled, relaxed even....

    Can't lie..... tiny bit scared about what lies around the corner for you but SOOOOO hopeful for you!!

    ReplyDelete